The Racquetball Canada Eastern Championships have wrapped up in Valleyfield, Québec bringing the racquetball community from Quebec, Ontario, and Alberta together for a weekend of great competition. In total 40 people competed in nine events at the tournament hosted at the Club de Racquetball Edouard Boyer on March 25 and 26, 2022.
In the Open singles event, Coby Iwaasa of Lethbridge defeated Trevor Webb of Kitchener. Both athletes are members of the national team and will be representing Canada at the upcoming Pan Am Championships in Bolivia.
In the Open Doubles event, Sam Murray of Baie-Comeau and Tommy Murray of Saint-Basile-le-Grand defeated Nathan Jauvin of Terrebonne and Michael Leduc of Baie-Comeau. The Murray brothers are reigning National Doubles Champions. Samuel Murray is also on the Pan Am Championship team with Iwaasa and Webb.
The Open Mixed Doubles event was won by Gilles Borduas of Repentigny and Disney Linares of Toronto.
Winners in the other singles categories were Mathew Forstner of Oakville (Elite Singles); Asher Pocsai of Hamburg (Singles A); Hugues Debellefeuille of Valleyfield (Singles B); and Matthew Hudson of Burlington (Junior B Singles).
The winners in the other doubles events were Mathew Forstner of Oakville and Kyle Wiseman of Burlington (Elite Doubles); Richard Larivée of Terrebonne and Charles Rozansky of Montréal (A Doubles).
Racquetball Canada thanks all those who participated in the tournament and is grateful to tournament organizer Steven Leduc and his team for all their work in hosting a great event!
Eastern Canadian Championships – Podium Results
- Samuel Murray (Baie-Comeau, QC) & Tommy Murray (Saint-Basile-le-Grand, QC)
- Nathan Jauvin (Terrebonne, QC) & Michael Leduc (Baie-Comeau, QC)
Open Mixed Doubles
- Gilles Borduas (Repentigny, QC) & Disney Linares (Toronto, ON)
- Stephane Parent (Saint-Jacques, QC) & Eva Pocsai (New Hamburg, ON)
- Mathew Forstner (Oakville, ON)
- Martin Sauvé (Saint-Timothée, QC)
- Mathew Forstner (Oakville, ON) & Kyle Wiseman (Burlington, ON)
- Richard Caron (Bois-des-Filion, QC) & Michel Plante (Laval, QC)
- Asher Pocsai (New Hamburg, ON)
- Charles Rozansky (Montréal, QC)
- Richard Larivée (Terrebonne, QC) & Charles Rozansky (Montréal, QC)
- Hugues Debellefeuille (Valleyfield, QC) & Alain Livernoche (Saint-Zotique, QC)
- Hugues Debellefeuille (Valleyfield, QC)
- Pierre Gareau (Repentigny, QC)
Junior B Singles
- Matthew Hudson (Burlington, ON)
- Landon Verrall (Grimsby, ON)
Click here for complete results.