National Coaches Week is a time to celebrate the positive impact coaches have on athletes and their communities across Canada. The annual campaign is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by taking the time to say #ThanksCoach. Join us as we celebrate the important role that coaches play across Canada.
September 19 – 27, 2020, marks the sixth annual National Coaches Week and we’re asking for your help celebrating and inviting you to be a part of all the activities across Canada
- Coaches make valuable contributions to the quality of life in communities across Canada.
- Coaching contributes signicantly to volunteerism in Canada.
- Coaches develop young athletes’ passion for sport that can carry them on to greater heights
- One in seven Canadians will coach at some point in their lifetime.
Ways You Can Take Part
- Enjoy FREE or discounted NCCP education: During National Coaches Week, coaches can diversify their coaching knowledge with free or discounted NCCP education. Connect with your local P/TCR, or National Sport Organization to learn more about their National Coaches Week events, or log into the Locker to access specific eLearning modules for free from September 19-27, 2020. The Coaching Association of Canada is offering several modules including NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport which is great for parents, sport leaders, new coaches and coaches looking for a refresher. Provincial Coaching Associations are also offering many free NCCP courses throughout the week.
- Say #ThanksCoach on social media: Follow National Coaches Week on the Coach.ca and Racquetball Canada Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #CoachesWeek and #ThanksCoach. You can also use the National Coaches Week Facebook profile frame throughout the week to show your support.
- Join a community event: Organize a community event to say #ThanksCoach, or join one taking place in your province or territory. Submit your event to our new National Coaches Week Event Calendar or use it to find an event near you!
- If you’re part of a club or provincial affiliate, explore the Participation Guide: The National Coaches Week Participation Guide contains everything you need to celebrate National Coaches Week!