Call for Nominations – Racquetball Canada Board of Directors
NOTE: Application deadline extended to August 23, 2019
Racquetball Canada is seeking nominations for Board of Director positions for one- and two-year terms commencing after a special meeting of the members, September 23, 2019.
Racquetball Canada is the national sport governing body for the sport of Racquetball in Canada. Along with the support of the Government of Canada and many valued partners, Racquetball Canada develops competitive national teams and oversees programs that grow the sport of racquetball in Canada. Our mission is:
Racquetball Canada is seeking qualified candidates to play a role in the governance of an organization that reflects the values of integrity, inclusivity and safety, community and excellence
Qualified candidates will have the skillsets, expertise and experience necessary to support the priorities ofRacquetball Canada’s strategic and operational plans. Racquetball Canada is in search of individuals withexpertise in finance, law, marketing/sponsorship, governance and risk assessment. We encourage those with other competencies as well as an interest in and knowledge of racquetball to seek nomination.
RACQUETBALL CANADA’S GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
The special meeting in September is being held to elect a new board following a revision to the Racquetball Canada Bylaws on June 24, 2019. The current Racquetball Canada board is structured as an operational board, the new board will be structured as a governance board. Under normal operations, the board elections will take place annually in May at the Annual General Meeting.
The board will consist of seven (7) Directors including: President, Vice-President, Director of Finance, Athlete Representative and three (3) Directors at Large.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The current call for nominations is for the following Board positions:
One Year terms (September 23, 2019 to May 17, 2020)
Director of Finance
Director at Large (1 position)
Two year terms (September 23, 2019 to May 2021)
Director at Large (2 positions)
THE NOMINATION PROCESS
- Interested candidates are asked to complete the attached nomination form and submit the form, along with the required supporting documentation below by Friday, August 9, 2019.
- Completed forms and the required documentation are to be submitted to: Donna Harris, Racquetball Canada Executive Director.
- The nomination documents submitted will be presented to the Racquetball Canada membership electronically by August 15, 2019. The slate of nominations will be voted on September 23, 2019 at a special meeting of the members and all nominees will be notified of the results following the meeting.
- Nomination Form
- Full Resume (maximum 4 pages)
- Three (3) References
- Current criminal record check (not older than 6 months)